One of the most common misconceptions about arranging bail bonds in Rancho Mirage is that you will need to travel to the bondsman’s office to meet with them in person. This had been the industry standard in years past, but some companies have begun taking advantage of modern technologies and are now offering online bail bonds. Most clients find that online bail bonds by fax and email are the fastest and easiest way to get someone out of jail fast. This option can be especially convenient if you learn of your loved one’s arrest while you are at work, during the middle of the night or if you are traveling out of town.
If the bondsman you are speaking with offers online bail bonds they will begin by asking you a series of questions about the defendant:
- Do you know what they were arrested for?
- Do you know their bail amount?
- What is their full name and approximate age?
- Do you know their date of birth?
- Are they currently employed?
- Does the defendant rent or own their home?
They may also ask:
- How long have you known them?
- What is your relationship to the defendant?
- Are you confident they will return to court and handle their case?
From there the agent will draw up a customized bail bonds agreement form. This can be faxed or emailed to your location. Once it has been filled out in its entirety, returned to their office and payment arrangements have been made, an expert bondsman will be sent to the jail to post the bond. The defendant is often released between 4 and 6 hours after the jailer accepts the bond.
If you have questions about how online bail bonds work call 951-213-4788 now. Someone is available to take your call 24-hours a day, 365-days a year.